Kestrel 4500 Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics with Bluetooth in Desert Tan Overview
- Calculate accurate elevation and windage targeting solutions for long range rifle shooting.
- Use either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients, OR select from the entire library of Applied Ballistics Custom CurvesTM for more than 200 common long range bullets.
- Access to the entire Applied Ballistics Custom Curve library requires the Applied Ballistics Profile Loader PC application together with either Bluetooth® data transfer capability on the Kestrel Meter and PC, or the Kestrel Computer Interface accessory. The Applied Ballistics Profile Loader is a free download from the Kestrel website.
- Train the software to match your specific rifle based on observed impacts at subsonic and supersonic ranges with the True Muzzle Velocity and Drop Scale Factor capabilities.
- Built-in crosswind calculator and target range estimator.
- Select “Weather Mode” to measure up to 15 environmental parameters at your fingertips.
The AB software accounts for all environmental variables including firing in crosswind conditions which induce a vertical deflection on the bullet, thus enabling extreme accuracy at long range. Aerodynamic jump calculations are included to account for a vertical deflection of the bullet induced by firing in crosswind conditions. Not accounting for crosswind jump while performing ballistic calibration (truing) causes a calibration error which would bias all future calculations.
Note: This Kestrel has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Includes: Soft Carry Pouch, Neck Lanyard, 2 AAA Lithium Batteries (average life 400 hours) and Kestrel Certificate of Conformity.
Currently Kestrel's Bluetooth units are not MAC/Apple compatible.
Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a 5-year warranty. Innovatively designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.
For more information on this and other products from Kestral, go to: http://www.nkhome.com/kestrel