Find us on Facebook

How do I get my DD214?

Printer Friendly VersionPrinter Friendly VersionSend to a FriendSend to a Friend

Do you need a copy of your DD214 or a family member's DD214?

Go to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

There are two ways to request your DD214: online and by mail/fax

1) To request your DD214 online: click on 'Launch the eVetRecs System to start your online request'. Follow the instructions in the pop-up window. The DD214 will be mailed to you after completing the form.

2) You can also download a form to mail or fax your request for your DD214 by clicking on the 'Download form SF-180 to Mail or Fax your request'. Click the link 'Download form SF-180 to mail or fax your request' to download a PDF of SF-180 to your computer. The return addresses for the completed form are located on page three (3) of the form.

Remember, a DD214 Record of Military Service is always free to obtain for the member and family members.

Article by Staff Sgt. Danny E. McCormick, U.S. Army Human Resources Command Public Affairs Office